EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION POLICY STATEMENT
TMRGroup is committed to supporting the principle of equal opportunities and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of any Protected Characteristic (PC) including sex; race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin); religion or belief; age; disability; marital status and civil partnership; sexual orientation; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity. We also oppose discrimination based on other characteristics that are not protected (e.g. class, obesity, regional accent etc).
This policy covers vacancy advertising, recruitment and selection, training, promotion and conditions of service and is compliant with the following legislation:
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- The Local Government Act 1988 and 1999.
- Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Act (SENDA) 2001.
- Racial & Religious Hatred Act 2006.
- The Work & Families Act 2006.
- Equality Act 2010.
- Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
- The Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017.
The Company’s aim is to create an environment that encourages and values diversity within its workforce and builds on the differences individuals bring, enabling the Company’s continued success. We aim to draw upon the widest possible range of views and experiences in order to meet the changing needs of our staff, clients, partners and candidates.
We seek to promote diversity and to respond to the needs of all individuals in a fair and equitable manner, whilst observing our commitment and responsibility to current legislation.
To achieve this, the company will:
- Fulfil its social responsibility towards its employees and the communities in which it operates.
- Recognise all of its legal obligations with particular reference to those acts and directives detailed previously.
- Make all opportunities (including advertising, interview and selection processes, promotion and training) as accessible as possible to all groups and ensuring there are no barriers to access for under-represented groups.
- Conduct monitoring and analysis (with groups of employees within the company, jobseekers in the local community and the demographic of the broader labour market) to ensure processes are fair, equitable and accessible and to identify any significant under-representation.
- Endeavour to attain a workforce that is representative of the communities from which it is drawn to secure the widest possible pool of diverse talent.
- Recruit, train and promote the best person for the job and to make full use of the talents and resources of all our employees.
- Create a working environment free from unlawful discrimination, victimisation and harassment in which all employees, clients, partners are treated with dignity and respect.
- Periodically review its selection criteria and procedures to ensure that they remain compliant and maintain a system that ensures fairness.
- Distribute and continuously publicise this policy throughout the company, to employees, clients, partners, visitors to the company in advertising, and elsewhere as appropriate.
- Provide the facilities and opportunity for anyone who believes that they have been treated inequitably within the scope of this policy to raise the matter through the appropriate grievance or complaints procedure.
- Log all reported instances of discrimination and harassment and take action to mitigate and minimise discrimination, harassment and victimisation wherever possible.
- Ensure that employees understand that breaches of this policy will not be tolerated and may lead to disciplinary proceedings.
Our Equality & Diversity Policy covers the following in detail:
- A detailed definition and explanation of the different types of discrimination, harassment & victimisation.
- Occupational requirement.
- Procedures relating to pre-Employment Health Questionnaires.
- Procedures relating to disabled persons, age discrimination, gender reassignment and part time workers.
- Procedures relating to harassment.
- Monitoring & positive action.
- Maintenance of personnel records.
- How to make a complaint relating to discrimination or harassment.
Monitoring and Review
Our policy will be reviewed regularly and may be altered from time to time in light of legislative changes or other prevailing circumstances.