£40,000 Plus benefits
A successful service based company with a reputation for excellence in delivery and product support is enjoying a period of sustained growth within their core markets. Their drive and ambition to build on this success necessitate the appointment of a Financial Controller who will take total responsibility for the finance function role. This will involve producing month-end management accounts, preparing budgets, financial forecasts and variance analysis reports to present to the board to drive strategic decision-making.
Why would I want to work here?
This is an opportunity to join a family run business who truly care about the customers needs and have an understanding that this bespoke product manufactured on site makes a difference to the way customers live their lives. This role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to join an established finance team to support, and develop processes and procedures and not only add value to the business by enhancing the efficiency of the finance function but also as a personal career move.
The Role of Financial Controller
As Financial Controller, you will ensure that the financial data and monthly management Information is prepared in a timely and accurate manner. You will be responsible for day-to-day management, direction and development of the finance function within this growing SME business.
- Production of the monthly management accounting reporting pack with full analysis including P & L and Balance Sheet for presentation to the board
- Preparation of detailed monthly cashflow forecasts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Maintenance of sales, purchase and nominal ledgers
- Credit Control
- Monthly payroll preparation
- Bank reconciliations
- Manage multiple currencies
- Maintain procedures & controls to ensure safeguarding of assets
The role will suit an individual with a desire to make a difference and adding value by providing accurate financial data and monthly management information to aid the strategic development of the company. You will have a proven track record of process improvement and strong inter-personal skills. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to deliver to strict time scales. Service delivery is paramount to the company and the successful individual will be able to demonstrate similar attributes, together with a sense of purpose and ambition.
- Have proven experience of working in a small, fast paced business
- Qualifications whilst desirable are not essential
- Experienced in producing information to strict deadlines
- Highly self-motivated to meet deadlines