£40,000 – £48,000
A fantastic opportunity to join a thriving, fast moving technically advanced manufacturing SME as the Finance Manager. With a high volume of exports, this family run manufacturing company are looking for the Finance Manager to look after all aspects of the company’s finance, from payroll, statutory returns, and payments up to monthly management accounts and stock check responsibility.
The role of Finance Manager
This role is ideal for an experienced Finance professional, with an excellent understanding of how SME’s operate. It is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to play an instrumental part in the continued growth of the business and implement change where necessary. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, our client is looking for you to take overall control of the company’s day to day accounting, identify areas that may need to change and implement effective procedures. You will need previous experience of working with the manufacturing sector as this is a very fast paced environment.
- Provide financial information to the Managing Director and Management Team to assist with strategic decision making
- Produce and interpret monthly management accounts, analysis of stock, and work in progress reporting
- Responsibility for stock checking, monthly and year end and coordinate month-end checks including stock control and its value
- Maintain financial procedures and controls across the business to ensure that all systems are for purpose and support the growth of the business
- Responsible for year-end audit preparation, liaise with insurers and auditors including annual R&D, Capital Allowance and salary reporting
- Payroll processing and PAYE/pension reporting related issues
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA ACA)
- Relevant Financial Management experience in a comparable organisation, ideally within the manufacturing industry
- Experience of stock control
- Experienced Excel user and proficient in MS office, Access Supply Chain, Xero and Sage Payroll
ID No 896347