Up to £100,000
An excellent opportunity for a highly experienced and qualified accountant to join a multi-generational, ambitious, family-run property business. Having recently invested in new projects, the board regards this appointment as being critical to the future development of the strategic direction of the business. This appointment will increase management capacity to create a strong and competent management team enabling these new lines of business to be more effectively managed and also facilitate investment into new ventures.
Why would I want to work here?
This is an opportunity to make a difference, add value and become a trusted advisor to the board of directors and family members who have built this Birmingham based property business. If you are looking to work with likeminded, commercially astute individuals who have gravitas, and the upmost integrity then this is the role and environment for you to add to your skills set and help shape future investment opportunities.
The Role of Finance Director
To be shortlisted for this role you will have strong accountancy and analytical skills set, have experience of property development and financing, and be looking to work in an informal yet highly professional working environment. This role will provide strength and depth to an established, hard-working accounts department. Currently comprising of 4 people who share a strong teamwork ethic.
- Work with multiple company accounts in a diverse real estate group
- To take full responsibility for budgetary reports, cost planning, and preparation of reporting packs to board Level
- Provide support to the COO on commercial matters such as debt financing with a view to leading these relationships as time progresses
- A strong appreciation and understanding of Commercial returns and an ability to analyse, produce and manipulate appraisals, understanding of the key variables
- Responsibility for reporting on Company Secretarial matters
- Take responsibility for internal reporting including joint-venture partners and third-party stakeholders on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Qualified Accountant with a background in property to join the business as a Finance Director
- Strong belief in own ability and proven track record
- An appreciation and understanding of complex and involved corporate structures – the breadth of the Corporate investment base dictates detailed consolidated group accounts in addition to the diverse structures outlined above
- Analytically minded yet able to demonstrate commercial acumen
- A strong understanding of all tax types and a commercial understanding of its effects on a corporate and individual level
- Able to articulate financial and commercial arguments and present concise, accurate, and timely information
- Will be keen to learn and develop while having more than 5 years real experience in the industry to enable them to contribute from day one
Be a team player, who can integrate with all elements of the team and other third party stakeholders
Ref No: 0029