Operations and Logistics Manager
£50,000 to £60,000
Please note we are looking for people with eCommerce or FMCG experience. The is a vital and new role that has been created due to an increase in online sales.
Why would I want to work here?
This is a family run business that is growing rapidly due to the increase in eCommerce sales. With 20 years manufacturing experience they are adapting to changes and investing in new technology and premises to keep up with demand. They client is recognised in the market for innovate and creativity. This is a business that cares, they are heavily involved with the local community, ethically source and use environmentally friendly products. The atmosphere here is great, its one big family, you will regularly find them in fancy dress and fundraising. Located centrally they are easily accessible by public transport and you are walking distance of all the high street stores, parking is also available with the position, with some roles they also offer flexibility with working from home.
Key responsibilities of the Operations and Logistics Manager
- You will be able to resolve hardware issues, e.g. Temporarily fix APIs when connections go down and so on.
- Manage around 3000, the client is expanding further and they are looking to ramp this up dramatically to facilitate growth
- Overseeing the dispatched of on average 400 units per days, increasing to 1000 in seasonal shopping.
- You will be responsible for implementing a new system and testing etc to make sure there are no hiccups when transitioning software, warehouse management systems. Be able to train staff up
- Ideally, you will have set up a brand new warehouse, the processes and procures including upskilling staff. Be able to demonstrate efficiently, streamline processes using best practice.
- You will have experience of and meeting tight SLAs such as with suppliers such as Amazon Prime. They need someone scale up the warehouse and logistics side of a business and has experience planning, knows how to get and looks at performance metrics and data-driven
- Have experience within an Etail, Online
- Logistics experience
- You will need to be flexible to work weekends, night and evening in busy periods
- You have will have experience of managing a small team
- Be able to demonstrate cost savings exercises, providing facts and figures
You will have an excellent attention to detail, combined with a professional ability to multi-task, working well individually, and playing an integral part of a team, accustomed to working in a challenging, yet fast-paced environment, working as a unit to meet tight deadlines
Job ref 3268