Head of Finance
£60,000 – £70,000
The Role of Head of Finance
A Birmingham based manufacturing company established over 30 years ago is looking to embark on its plans for continuous improvement by appointing a Head of Finance. The Head of Finance will provide support and financial insight to enhance decision making and optimise the overall company performance whilst leading the Finance Team.
Why would I want to work here?
This manufacturing business is going through a period of growth and as a result, are investing in the internal processes and procedures as part of their continuous improvement plan. This role gives the successful candidate to enhance the decision-making process and help to optimise the overall company performance. The staff are all friendly, work efficiently and take pride in providing high-value products and services ensuring customer satisfaction that enables growth. The working environment is built on trust, honesty, courage and integrity.
- Ownership and completion of the monthly management accounts pack to include profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow analysis with full reconciliations and production of the board pack
- Providing divisional sales and margin analysis, dashboard and KPI reporting
- Responsible for the monthly reporting, annual budgeting and forecasting
- Developing and maintaining the costing information, ensuring product costs are correct and oversee cost quotations for new products and projects
- Lead and develop the finance team, maintaining a high-performance culture through regular 1 to 1’s and personal development plans
- Produce annual financial statements and information for auditors
- Challenging the norm to ensure high-quality financial controls are in place and to standardise the procedures across the business
- Taking ownership of the continual improvement of the use of Pegasus Opera
- Lead and develop forecasting and budgeting processes
- Provide insight to the business, ensuring a clear understanding of performance drivers, risks and opportunities
- Drive the delivery of business improvement plans and continuous improvement initiatives
The ideal candidate will have recently worked in an SME environment – being the number one or number two in finance. Manufacturing or engineering sector experience is essential along with the understanding of the disciplines of costing, stock, and forex transactions. The appointed candidate will be able to demonstrate strong operational exposure of working within the manufacturing sector and have a track record of ensuring continuous improvement and be prepared to challenge and drive change with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- A qualified accountant
- Manufacturing experience
- SME experience
- Experience in managing a team