Up to £30,000
An excellent opportunity for an experienced accountant to join a multi-generational family run business, who are looking to appoint a Finance Manager to mentor and develop an established finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who believe in British made, high quality, excellent value for money and who provide a great service.
You will be working with an SME that understands that their employees are fundamental to the growth of the business. You will enjoy the benefits of working for a progressive, market leading manufacturing company, with an attractive salary package and employment benefits including paid travel, overtime, pension and a health care plan. The culture within this SME develops individual growth, team spirit and creativity to overcome challenges and attain goals.
The role of Finance Manager
This role is ideal for an experienced, highly motivated, and professional accountant looking for a new challenge to lead and motivate an established team. You will play an instrumental part in this business’s infrastructure. You will have significant experience of a variety of accounting practices including preparation of management accounts and other financial information to aid in the strategic business decision making process. The ideal candidate with have recent people management experience. You will have a proven track record and the ability to maintain the smooth running of an established finance team.
- Managing, mentoring, and developing a finance team
- Identifying and delivering process improvements, drive improvements across the finance team
- Direct responsibility of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts
- Processing a weekly payroll for 65+ employees
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate findings and recommendations
- Creation and execution of business strategy alongside the Managing Director will drive sustainable growth and mitigate risk for the business
- A sound technical accounting background
- Would suit an AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA part qualified or QBE Accountant
- You will ideally have SME Manufacturing experience
- You will be used to working in a fast-paced business and you will thrive on making improvements to processes
Your style will be “hands on”, positive and engaging with the ability to build great relationships across the business
Job Reference 3308