Business Development Manager – Engineering and Manufacturing
£35,000 – £45,000 D.O.E. + Car + OTE + Great Benefits
An excellent opportunity to join a business which has been established for over 30 years and continues to go from strength to strengths a Business Development Manager. Due to internal progression, a position has become available for a “hunter” type sales professional, who is ready to develop a new strategy and accrue new sector business.
Why would I want to work here?
Established 30 years, with a focus on internal progression, there is a busy, family feel. The opportunity to drive the business forward, with how you see fit in an autonomous, supportive working environment. HQ is in a beautiful countryside setting, as well as the opportunity to work from home for the majority of the week.
This role ESSENTIALLY requires CNC engineering sales experience. It is absolutely vital to the success of this role to have the technical know-how, and a strong grasp of the benefits of what you will be selling. The major markets already targeted include medical, oil and gas, automotive and aerospace, so exposure to these is ideal, but the desire to open business into new sectors is also important. Working as part of a small but mighty sales team, your efforts will be both transparent and successful. In addition, you will work well autonomously but approach everything with a collaborative and team approach. You would be commutable to Head Office the more often the better, but at least a couple of times a week.
- Driving new sales and meeting ambitious KPI’s
- New business minded; creative lead generation
- Adequate management of the CRM system
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to ensure all opportunities are being utilised
- Managing your pipeline effectively
- Previous experience with CNC is ESSENTIAL
- Client base coming from demanding markets
- Similarly, good product knowledge and market understanding
- Evidence of successful relationship building and proven track record of sales success
- A new business mindset with the desire to seek out new accounts